With Cruz and Kasich out of the primary, I cannot bring myself to speak the name of the remaining candidate. “You know who” represents an epic failure of the Republican party. I will not vote for him because he:
- Disrespects women – especially those with any sort of power, e.g. journalists, candidates, celebrities (unless they conform to a Miss Universe model of beauty).
- Disrespects war heroes – John McCain, and all others.
- Disrespects people of any race or ethnicity he does not share – today that means African-Americans, Latins, Arabs – tomorrow that means anyone not rich or white enough.
- Mocks the disabled. Can someone go any lower?
- Lacks even a basic understanding of world politics. As someone said, he is already doing damage to foreign policy even before he could potentially be our president.
- Encourages violence against those who speak against him. Um, remember the Constitution was supposed to be important to Republicans. Or was that just about toting a gun around?
- Lacks integrity.
- Lacks character.
- Bullies opponents.
- Does not love the USA – civil war is on the horizon if he is elected and allowed to persist dividing us against each other.
Put your country first, do not vote for “you know who.”